Through the Annotation consulting practice, we provide our customers with the specialist advice and guidance required for the job; putting our industry knowledge and understanding at their disposal. We help our customers to address the many complex issues that need to be considered and provide proven processes for capturing, evaluating and managing every aspect of the deployment. Because not every customer requires our advice and support in all areas, Annotation consulting is split into distinct consulting services, each of which has a discrete purpose, proven methodology and result. Presented here are a high level overview of these services.
- Project Management - Each project has a normal lifecycle, from beginning, requirements specification, potentially an RFP and vendor selection through to deployment. Our project management services ensure that projects are on time, meet quality objectives, and not cost more than the budget. Our methods are based on the industry standard PRINCE2 methodology.
- Requirements Definition - One of the first steps is to identify what is needed, by whom, to go where, how and when.
- System Specification - Having agreed the overall requirements, the process of defining the detailed blueprint for the solution begins. Thorough completion of the technical and functional requirements can make the difference between success and failure.
- Technology Assessment and Vendor Selection - Using our skills, experience and vendor knowledge to help you determine which products and services will provide optimum benefit for your current and future needs.
- Content Management Healthcheck - Have you already implemented an enterprise content management solution but feel that you are not receiving the desired business benefits? Or, have your requirements grown and your solution needs extending? This healthcheck is designed to help you maximise on your current IT investment.
At this stage in the process we outline the overall blueprint for your hardware, software and network as well as how the information is to be presented on the screen.
Having defined your requirements and chosen the appropriate products for the job, we provide highly motivated and skilled people to turn the technology into a useable solution.
Once the solution has been deployed, its availability and performance is key to the realisation of business benefit. We recognise that ensuring that your solution continues to meet the ongoing market, customer and technology requirements is an evolutionary task. This is why strategic planning of new releases and system enhancements are all supported by our application support and management services.
- Application Support - Application support is provided via a Service Level Agreement, such agreements cover the terms of engagement of Annotation staff, support hours, response times etc.
- Capacity Planning - We can help your business address availability and performance issues that may damage your image and reputation. Capacity planning will help you anticipate future resource requirements and will ensure that you continue to meet performance and availability goals.